It's time to do a little housecleaning. Of the many things that annoy me, some pretty much speak for themselves and don't merit a full column. So here are twenty from my big list.
1) Peel and Eat Shrimp
2) Wave machines in swimming pools
3) Drinks that are 90% ice
4) Bathrooms with mirrors where you have to look at yourself on the toilet
5) Greedo firing first
6) Places that serve buffalo wings and don't provide a pre-moistened towelette
8) Canadian quarters
9) The statement: "The majority of cases go unreported"
10) The fact that no TV show character has ever given birth via a Caesarian Section
11) Communal dormitory soap
12) Women who try to hide their sneezes
13) Anytime Whoopi Goldberg and Wil Wheaton have a heart to heart talk on Star Trek
14) The every-other-year Olympics schedule
15) The word "Smashmouth"
16) Being told to look up a word you don't know how to spell
17) Tank-topped parents who take children to see movies that are wildly inappropriate for them
18) People who carry keychains with dozens of keys
19) People who called Independence Day "ID4"
20) Price is Right bidders who go one dollar higher than the previous bid
Although if the subsequent bidder goes yet another dollar higher than the asshole, that's just sweet, sweet justice isn't it?