Well, I'm leaving on a vacation for ten days, so I probably won't be posting for a while. Now you may be wondering, how does an unemployed man take a vacation? It's not easy. It's a delicate art. Before I leave, here are 20 more annoyances from my big list.
21. Woody Allen casting himself in the romantic lead
22. Sitting backwards on a train
23. People who correct your grammar
24. Aggressive pan-handling in the New York City subway
25. Guys who hock loogies in urinals
26. When TV networks use that new software that can edit every 24th frame out of a show, eventually storing up enough seconds to add one extra commercial.
27. Guys at the gym who hit on women riding stationary bikes
28. People who lick their fingers when they hand out paper
29. The neverending parade of inferior Ender's Game sequels
30. The Nikkei and the Dax
31. The intense desire to own a boat
32. People who just run out and get a dog without thinking it through
33. The final Prisoner episodes
34. People who just assume you'll want whatever wacky-ass pizza topping they're planning to order
35. When mattresses get called "Sleep Systems"
36. People who passionately advocate the merits of driving stick, even just for normal suburban driving
37. The fact that every Sea World whale gets named Shamu
38. Any Time Magazine cover story on hospitals
39. Discolored froth that does lazy circles around the jacuzzi
40. The viciousness with which the "Happy Birthday Song" copyright holders go after any unauthorized uses
Those people are some greedy sons of bitches. Every 25 years a whole catalogue of copyrighted stuff would fall into public domain, but every 25 years new laws get passed that extend copyrights. Happy Birthday was written by a schoolteacher in, like, the 1870s. But it's still copy protected until something like 2050, at which point undoubtedly new laws will get passed extending it even further. The bastards.